Areas of cooperation
Hanoi – Milan
- Mobility: In recent years, Hanoi’s traffic has dramatically increased – causing severe congestion and and is contributing to pollution in the city. Milan has undertaken comprehensive changes regarding mobility and sustainable traffic solutions – with very positive results in terms of environmentally-friendly transport systems that put buses, bicycles and pedestrians at the forefront, buy using innovative IT applications.
- Smart Cities: Collaborate on Hanoi’s and Milan’s city development priority areas, including smart city administration, water quality management and start-up ecosystem development. As ICT is a major industry in Hanoi contributing to 15% of the revenue, the city has developed more than 50 apps for efficient service delivery to the public. These include smart parking, online payments and integrated traffic control. Hanoi has a plan to further develop start-up ecosystems.
- Fashion Industry: Milan is considered a capital city of the global fashion industry, that showcases innovation in both fashion style and business practices. Hanoi is keen to lean from its lessons and further develop its own fashion style as a unique Vietnamese brand with influences from abroad.
Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) – Košice
- Smart cities: Exchange experiences on innovation technologies and build collaboration between Kosice and Ho Chi Minh City’s Hi-Tech Park & Software Park. Both parks in Ho Chi Minh City are highly successful areas, with close access to other important business and transport nodes of the city. Collaboration will focus on development, data management, outsourcing and training.
- Universities and Research Institutions: Collaboration between universities of both cities to build highly trained and specialized work force and enhance innovative research output.
- FPT Software: FTP Software is a global soft ware outsourcing company based in Vietnam (the largest of its kind in the country), providing IT services globally from delivery centres in the US, Europe (including Slovakia) and the Asia Pacific. In-house expertise will be used to focus on the development of IT solutions for smart cities elements.