The VII High Level Seminar on Regional Policy took place in the city of Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, on 20 and 21 December 2012. It was the seventh in a row of annual seminars held in different Chinese and European cities since 2006. The event included field visits to Guangzhou New City and Foshan Industrial Zone, a meeting with representatives of the European Chamber of Commerce in China and a one day seminar. The sessions attended by some 90 participants from China and Europe focused on sustainable urban development and urban – rural linkages.
List of Speakers
Speakers of the European Commission (Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy – DG REGIO) and of selected European regions:
- Mr Walter Deffaa, Director General, EU Commission, DG REGIO
- Mr Ronald Hall, Principal Advisor, EU Commission, DG REGIO
- Mr Ramon López, Administrator, EU Commission, DG REGIO
- Mr Juan Carlos Escudero, Director of the Centre of Environmental Studies, City Council of Vitoria- Gasteiz (European Green Capital 2012), Spain
- Mr Iñigo Bilbao, Head of the Strategic Planning Department, City Council of Vitoria- Gasteiz
- Mr Gerardius van Vegchel, Chairman of the Board City Region Parkstad Limburg, Netherlands
- Ms Zuzana Lukáčová, Representative of the Regional Support Development Agency of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Speakers from Chinese national and provincial authorities:
- Mr Fan Hengshan, Director General, Department of Regional Economy, National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC)
- Mr Yu Yunzhou, Deputy Director of Development and Reform Commission (DRC) of Guangdong Province
- Mr Zou Yong, Deputy Director General of NDRC, Department of Regional Economy
- Mr Tang Xinhua, Deputy Director of DRC of Hunan Province
- Mr Deng Chanjing, Party Member, DRC of Sichuan Province
- Mr Chen Yong, Chief of Division, Division of Regional Affairs, DRC of Guizhou Province
- Mr Song Jinsong, Vice Director, Guangdong Urban Planning and Design Institute.
Participants included members of the NDRC divisions of Regional Policy and Regional Cooperation, as well as DRC Directors and Deputy Directors from Jiangsu, Fujian, Jiangxi, Hunan, Hainan, Sichuan, Guizhou, Yunnan and Guangdong Provinces and of Guangxi Zhuang and Ningxia Hui Autonomous Regions. Delegates of the Development and Reform Bureaus of several cities such as Foshan and Shaoguan city also participated at the event.
For further detials, please download the report: Report High Level Seminar Guangzhou_080213_low